Video 1 - Rules of Media Engagement (21:05)
This video will discuss the things you need to know before dealing with the news media that you won't hear elsewhere. Find out why the media covers some stories and not others, understand why although reporters are not your friend you still need to "feed the dog" and learn why more than 95% of what's said in most media interviews isn't important, but what you say the other 5% of the time really is. You need to know how the media works before you can have success.
Video 2 - Proper Preparation for a Media Interview (13:27)
I will show you my proven process for preparing for media interviews. Better preparation leads to a better interview. You’ll learn how to develop great sound bites that the media will use and show you why knowing what to say before you say it will make you much better in any media situation. Hard work before the interview will give you more confidence when the interview begins.
Video 3 - Delivering a Great Media Interview (20:49)
Now that you’ve prepared, you need to deliver a great interview. Learn how to answer questions from reporters with the answers you want to give and stay on message. I will show you several valuable tips to do a better interview, including ways to use your hands, eye contact and posture. This video also includes role-play activities to show you, not just tell you, how to do a great interview.
Video 4 - Dealing with Difficult Reporters (18:01)
Most interviews you do with reporters won't cause you much difficulty once you know how to do them, but every once in awhile you will run into an aggressive reporter, or a difficult topic. This video shows you how to handle challenging interviews - how to stand your ground and give the answers you want to give and not the answers reporters are hoping you’ll give. Once again role-playing is used to show you exactly how to do it properly.
Video 5 - Getting Your Story to the Media and the World (13:46)
There will be times when you have a story to tell. You will issue a news release, hold a news conference, or have a project or event you want publicized. These are times you want the media coverage more than the media wants to talk to you. I show you how to use some best practices to get the exposure you want. This video will also look at ways you can use you own social media channels to gain exposure. I'll show you how you can "become the media" to get your story covered through social media.